Article 1 Scope of application
1. The terms are applicable to waterway transportation of passengers and their luggage between Zhongshan and Fuyong ports operated and represented by our company.
2. If the passengers purchase or hold ferry tickets sold by the carrier according to the terms, it means that such passengers have accepted the provisions listed in the document.
Article 2 Purchase of tickets
1. Passengers can purchase tickets from the ticket office or any agency of our company, or they can buy tickets through online channels, such as WeChat and the official website of our company with valid identification documents.
2. Children who are taller than 120cm but shorter than 150cm should buy half-price tickets; children who are taller than 150cm should buy full-fare tickets. Every adult passenger could take aboard a baby shorter than 120cm free of charge. However, if the adult passenger takes 2 or more babies shorter than 120cm, he or she should pay for the tickets for the extra babies at half price of the ticket.
3. Passengers need tickets to take the ferries. The tickets are only applicable to the dates, lines and ferries listed, and will become invalid once it expires.
Article 3 Taking the ferries
1. Passengers should arrive at the designated terminal 30 minutes before the departure time indicated on the tickets, and go through security check, wait for and board the ferry under the instructions of the staff. No entry of the passengers is allowed five minutes before the departure.
2. The carrier has the right to refuse the boarding of any drunken passenger, passenger with infectious, serious or mental disease or any passenger behaving inappropriately.
3. If any passenger has been found to board the ferry without a ticket or hold an invalid, false or altered ticket, he or she will be charged the double price of a full-fare ticket; if children have not bought tickets according to the regulations, they should pay for the price difference.
4. The carrier shall implement safety measures to ensure the safety of passengers whey are boarding the ferries, in the ferries and leaving the ferries. The passengers should follow the instructions from the staff of the carrier or its agents whether at the port or on board in case accidents might happen.
Article 4 Get a Refund for the Ticket or Reschedule the Journey
1. Refund service will be suspended during the peak time of passenger transportation, such as national legal holidays.
2. Except for statutory holidays, the passengers may apply for refund 2 hours before the departure of the ship, and the carrier will charge 10% of the ticket fare for refund; if the application for refund is made less than two hours but more than half an hour before the departure, 50% of the ticket fare will be charged; the ticket cannot be refunded if the application is made less than half an hour in advance.
3. The date, lines, and class of valid tickets can be changed, and RMB10 will be charged per ticket. Round trip tickets can only be changed on the same leg.
4. If the schedule of ferry is changed or cancelled due to some force majeure or the reason of the carrier, the carrier should publish the relevant notice in all the ticket offices, ports, WeChat and official websites on the same day. The passengers could apply for refund for the tickets in the ticket office within one month with their tickets and they could get a full refund. The passengers may also choose to reschedule their journey free of charge within the prescribed time.
Article 5 Restrictions on Carry-on Luggage
1. Each passenger could, free of charge, take aboard luggage no more than 20 kg (no more than 10kg for children) in weight and no more than 0.3 m3 in size. Each piece of luggage should be no more than 20 kg in weight, no more than 0.2 m3 in volume and no more than 150cm in length (200cm for bars). For the excess baggage, the passenger should be charged according to the prescribed charging standard for luggage.
2. Charging standard for excess luggage: RMB20 per 5kg for excess weight and RMB20 per 0.1 m3 for excess volume.
Article 6 Forbidden Items and Punishment for Violation of Regulations
1. Combustible, explosive, radioactive, corrosive and poisonous articles;
2. Articles that can communicate diseases or give out peculiar smell;
3. Articles that could do harm to the ferry or the health and property of other passengers;
4. Dangerous weapons and ammunition;
5. Livestock that could influence the hygiene of the ferry cabin;
6. If the passenger carries forbidden articles to the ferry and thus causes accident or loss, such passenger shall take all the relevant responsibilities;
7. To make sure that the abovementioned forbidden articles are not carried to the ferry and to ensure the security of the passengers and the ferry, the carrier or the operators on duty of such carrier have the right to ask the passengers to open their packages for inspection. The passengers shall not refuse the inspection. To those who reject the inspection, the carrier has the right to stop them from boarding the ferry.
8. If the passenger takes forbidden articles aboard, which threatens the security of the ferry or other passengers, such passenger shall bear the responsibility of compensation. To ensure the security of the passengers and the ferry, the carrier may unload or destroy the said forbidden articles anytime anywhere without assuming any responsibility to make compensations.
Article 7 Responsibilities for Accidents of All Kinds and Liability Exemption
1. If the voyage is canceled, interrupted or delayed or the driver of the ship calls at the nearest port or the passengers have to transfer to another ferry during the voyage due to some force majeure or the breakdown of the ferry, no notice will be given in advance. The carrier will not take responsibility for any loss caused by such delay and interruption of the voyage;
2. If any carry-on luggage of the passengers or their property get damaged or lost for reason not attributable to the carrier, the carrier will not take any relevant responsibility;
3. If any passenger dies, gets injured or falls ill during the voyage for reason not attributable to the carrier, the carrier will not take any relevant responsibility;
4. If any equipment in the ferry get damaged due to the intentional or unintentional act of the passengers, such passengers shall bear the responsibility for compensations.
Article 8 Compensations for the Death and Injury of the Passengers Caused by the Carrier
1. If any passenger gets injured or dies due to an accident of the ferry or the fault of the carrier, the carrier shall be subject to the applicable laws of the People’s Republic of China.
2. If any passenger gets injured or dies due to an accident of the ferry or the fault of the carrier, such passenger or his or her family shall claim for compensations within one month thereafter and request the carrier to provide necessary evidence. If the passenger or his or her family fails to do so within the prescribed time limit, their right to lodge a claim for compensations will be waived automatically.
Article 9 Applicable Laws
1. The terms are prepared with reference to the “Waterway Passenger Transportation Rules” of People’s Republic of China.
2. Any dispute or claim for compensations arising out of or in connection with these terms shall be submitted to the local courts of the carrier for arbitration.